Made with whole wheat flour and lots of bananas, this Banana Breakfast Bread is a healthy way to start of your morning.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 medium-size ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Place pecans in skillet and cook over medium heat until lightly browned, stirring often.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Combine sugar, butter, mashed bananas and egg in a small bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack 2 hours or until completely cool.
slightly adapted from Southern Living Annual Recipes 2007