Fudgy, rich brownies with a coconut center? Yes, please! These Coconut Brownies are perfect for any coconut lovers!
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add 4 of the eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix just until combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and the remaining egg.
- Spread half of the brownie mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. (The batter is thick, so it doesn’t always spread easily. I like to use an offset spatula as I find it’s the easiest way to spread the batter.)
- Spread the coconut mixture evenly over the top of the brownie layer.
- Drop the remaining brownie mixture over the top of the coconut layer in spoonfuls. Gently spread the batter over the top. The brownie batter is thicker than the coconut layer, so it doesn’t spread really easily, but it doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Bake the brownies until the brownie layer is baked through, about 30-35 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool before removing from the pan and slicing.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 28 g
- Sodium: 76 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: coconut brownies