Sweet and gooey, this Coconut Pecan Pie is the perfect way to change up a traditional pecan pie.
- 1 cup Karo® Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Spice Islands® Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped Fisher® Pecan halves
- 1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep dish pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix the corn syrup, eggs, egg yolks, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir in the pecans and the coconut. Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and transfer to the center rack of the oven. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until the center reaches 200ºF. The center should bounce back when tapped. Let the pie cool for at least 2 hours before serving.
slightly adapted from karosyrup.com