A sweet shortbread crust is topped with a pecan and coconut mixture for a buttery, sweet bar cookie.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Diamond pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray, or line with foil and spray the foil lightly.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup of the flour and mix until it forms a mixture that resembles very fine crumbs. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Add in the eggs, vanilla and salt and mix to combine. Fold in the chopped pecans and coconut. Spread the mixture evenly over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.