Sweet and creamy, these Coconut Lemon Pudding Parfaits are perfect for sharing with friends and family. And the pudding is super easy and made from scratch!
- 8 lemon sandwich cookies (can substitute vanilla)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- toasted coconut
- Place the sandwich cookies in a ziplock bag and break into small pieces with a mallet or a rolling pin. Divide the cookies between 4 small jars or parfait cups.
- Whisk the sugar and the cornstarch together in a large pan. In a large liquid measuring cup, combine the coconut milk, cream, egg yolks and lemon zest. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour the liquid into the sugar mixture, whisking the whole time to avoid clumps.
- Place the pan over medium-low heat and slowly heat, whisking often. Once it starts to thicken a little bit, change to a rubber spatula and stir continuously until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter until melted, then stir in the lemon juice. (You can also add a few drops of yellow food coloring, if desired.) Carefully pour the mixture into the jars over the cookie crumbs.
- Press a piece of plastic wrap over the surface of each jar, and refrigerate the pudding until it is set up, at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, top the pudding with a whoosh of Reddi-wip and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
Keywords: lemon pudding, pudding parfaits