Coconut and ginger combine to make a tropical breakfast treat. Crystallized ginger brings a little extra spice to these muffins.
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, plus more for topping
- 4 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Prepare 18 muffin tins by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or by lining with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, ground ginger, flour and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut milk, oil and eggs. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix only until combined. Fold in the coconut and the crystallized ginger.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full of the batter. Sprinkle extra sweetened coconut on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.