These moist, dense and fudgy Coconut Flour Brownies will convert you even if you aren’t grain free! Dairy free option is also included.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter*
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips**
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish, or line with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Heat the coconut oil and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until melted. Add the chocolate chips, cocoa powder and honey. Stir the mixture until the chocolate chips start to melt, then remove the pan from the heat and stir until the chips are completely melted and the mixture is very smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and whisk vigorously until no lumps remain. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes so that the coconut flour can absorb some of the liquid.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. Remove the dish from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
*For dairy free, substitute palm shortening for the butter
**For dairy free, use dairy free chocolate chips
source: Everyday Grain-Free Baking