Coconut Curry Chicken is made easy by using cooked rotisserie chicken. This is a great weeknight meal filled with lots of flavor.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 (14.5 oz) can undrained stewed tomatoes
- 1 (13.5 oz) can lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed cashews
- cooked rice
- sliced green onions and/or fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the sliced onion and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and paprika and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat it with the mixture. Add the stewed tomatoes, coconut milk, brown sugar and ginger. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the curry has thickened as much as you would like. Stir in the lime juice, coconut and cashews.
- Serve the curry over cooked rice. Garnish with green onions and/or cilantro and additional coconut and cashews, if desired.
very slightly adapted from 100 Creative Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken in Everyday Meals by Trish Rosenquist
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
Calorie counts do not include rice.
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 621 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 110 mg