Bring a little bit of sweetness to the dinner table with this easy coconut and panko breadcrumb coated chicken, served with a creamy mango chutney.
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup Progresso® plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup prepared mango chutney
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat oven to 375°. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. Spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl or dish. In a second dish, lightly whisk the egg.
- Chop the coconut until it is about the same size as the Progresso® plain panko crispy bread crumbs. In a third dish, combine the coconut and panko and season with salt and pepper.
- Working with one chicken tender at a time, dip in the flour to coat, shaking off excess, then dip into the egg. Dip into the coconut/panko mixture, pressing the mixture into the chicken tender if needed. Transfer to the cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining chicken tenders.
- Spray the tops of the tenders lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the mango chutney and sour cream. Serve alongside the chicken tenders.