Coconut and Lemon Poke Cake – a white cake soaked in a coconut milk mixture, then topped with lemon curd, whipped topping and coconut.
- 1 (16.25-oz) white cake mix
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15-oz) cream of coconut (usually found with the drink mixers)
- 2 cups lemon curd
- 1 (16-oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- Prepare the cake according to package directions. While still hot, poke holes through the top of the cake with a skewer.
- In a bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut. Pour over the warm cake.
- When the cake has cooled, spread the lemon curd over the top of the cake. If not serving right away, refrigerate. When ready to serve, top with the Cool Whip and then sprinkle with coconut.