Clams, bacon and an alfredo sauce top an easy, weeknight pizza.
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve 4 tablespoons bacon grease)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans (6.5 oz) clams, drained
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn or sliced
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Roll the crust out and press out slightly. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, cook the bacon. Remove all the grease from the pan except 4 tablespoons. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until thickened and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Top with the alfredo sauce. Add the clams, bacon and mozzarella. Return the pizza to the oven and bake an additional 6-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle on the fresh basil.