Banana bread gets a bit of a tropical makeover with the addition of coconut and a sweet, citrus glaze in this Citrus Glazed Coconut Banana Bread. Lemon juice or lime juice both work well here, use whatever you have on hand.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened, shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and sugar together until crumbly. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, yogurt, milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup of the coconut
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut over the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon or lime juice. Spoon the glaze over the top of the banana bread.
adapted from Taste of Home November 2015