Perfectly tart and sweet, these are the perfect Lemon Bars! A shortbread crust is topped with a delicious lemon filling. They are perfect for a cookie platter or for a potluck!
- 1 cup (8 oz) tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Powdered sugar, for dusting, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a 13×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper or spray very well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the melted butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add 2 1/4 cups of the flour, the powdered sugar, and the salt and mix to combine.
- Press into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, combine the sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl. Use your fingers to rub the zest into the sugar.
- Once combined, add the remaining cup of flour, the eggs, and the lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- Carefully pour the lemon mixture into the warm crust. Return to the oven and bake until the edges are set and the middle is just barely jiggly, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the bars sit until they come to room temperature, 1-2 hours, then refrigerate until chilled, at least another 2 hours.
- When chilled, dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and cut into bars.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 25 g
- Sodium: 51 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg
Keywords: Lemon bars, lemon desserts, lemon bar recipe