A perfect side dish or addition to burrito bowls, salads or burritos, this Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is fresh and flavorful.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Rinse the rice well in water. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a 1.5 quart saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the rinsed rice and stir to coat with the butter and garlic. Cook until the rice is lightly toasted, stirring constantly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the lime zest, followed by the chicken broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice gently with a fork. Add the lime juice and the cilantro and gently stir to combine.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg