Chocolatey with a hint of spice, these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are a great way to use up that bountiful zucchini harvest.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare two 12-cup muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs. Beat in the sugar and the oil. Add the cocoa, vanilla and zucchini and stir to mix.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Mix just until moist – do not overmix.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tins. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 -25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
slightly adapted from allrecipes.com