Waffles aren’t just for breakfast anymore! These chocolate waffles are perfect served with a scoop of ice cream.
This post is sponsored by Betty Crocker
I know that according to the calendar, it is now officially fall. And according to the weather out my window, it is fall. And really, I am totally ready to finally give up on summer.
I can’t help it. I have one more recipe to share with you all that can be eaten year round, but it involves ice cream. Which of course, screams summer. But serve up one of these waffles warm, topped with ice cream – I’m pretty sure that’s a recipe for a perfect-any-time-of-year dessert. And hey – you can totally serve these with whatever kind of ice cream is your favorite, so I say top them with some pumpkin ice cream and it’s a win-win situation!!
I am a firm believer that waffles are not just for breakfast, and these waffles prove that. They are super easy, starting off with a Betty Crocker Hershey’s Chocolate Cupcake Mix. This is seriously a dessert that can be whipped up at a moment’s notice. Perfect for unexpected company or that sweet tooth craving!!
- 1 box (15 oz) Betty Crocker Hershey’s Chocolate Cupcake Mix
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Ice cream, for topping
- Preheat a waffle iron. Grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or butter.
- In a bowl, combine the cupcake mix, water, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter onto center of hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron. Cook until the steaming stops and the waffle is set up. Remove from waffle maker. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffle with a scoop or two of ice cream, then top with the chocolate filling pouch from the cupcake mix.
More Decadent Waffles:
**This post has been sponsored by Betty Crocker, but all opinions are my own!**