Chewy and full of chocolate, these cookies are made festive with the addition of sprinkles.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor and blend until fine. In a bowl combine the ground oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and the sprinkles.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake golden, 11-13 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
slightly adapted from Taste of Home: Church Supper Desserts