A buttery brown sugar crust is topped with pecans, an easy toffee and chocolate for a rich and delectable bar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Diamond Pecan Halves
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together the flour, brown sugar and butter until it resembles fine crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the pecans over the top.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a full boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and pour evenly over the crust.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the top layer is bubbly. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes, until the chocolate has melted from the heat of the bars. Carefully spread the chocolate into a thin layer over the top of the bars. Cool completely before cutting into bars.