These Chocolate Oatmeal Chippers are cookie bars made using cocoa, oats and chocolate chips.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups quick or old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, oats and nuts.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack, then cut into bars.
recipe from Nestle