Filled with chocolate chips and chunks of mint candies, these Chocolate Mint Cookies are the perfect mix of chocolate and mint. They are rich and minty and you will love them!
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz Andes mints, chopped
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat well, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla and peppermint extract and beat to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until almost combined.
- Add in the chopped mints and the chocolate chips and continue to beat just until the dough is combined.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls of the dough onto cookie sheets that have been lined with silpat liners or parchment paper, keeping them 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before removing to cool.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 70 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: chocolate mint cookies