Start your morning off on a sweet note with this simple Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe. These muffins take minutes to whip up the batter so you can have a sweet treat on the table in no time.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like to use mini)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl (or I like to just use a large liquid measuring cup), whisk together the milk, vegetable oil and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until almost combined, then add the chocolate chips and gently fold in. The batter will be lumpy, but you don’t want to over-mix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, dividing the batter evenly. (You can top the batter with a few extra chocolate chips, if desired, to make them pretty.)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 143 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip muffin recipe, chocolate chip muffins