Ripe bananas are combined with chocolate chips in these whole wheat cookies.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 up unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 heaping cup mashed banana (about 1 small banana)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and both sugars. Add the egg, followed by the banana and the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture and the oats, just until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly brown on the edges. Do not overbake!
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove to a baking rack to cool completely.
adapted from Cookie and Kate