Vanilla wafers are filled with a cherry cream cheese mixture, then dipped in chocolate in these fun no bake cookies.
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 84 Vanilla Wafers (about 1 12-oz box)
- 18 oz. chocolate almond bark or chocolate candy coating
- sprinkles or sanding sugar
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the chopped cherries and almond extract.
- Turn half of the Vanilla Wafer cookies so the flat side is up. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Place the other half of the cookies on top, flat side down. Place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until the filling is firm.
- Melt the almond bark or candy coating according to the package directions. Dip each of the sandwich cookies into the coating, allowing the excess to drip off. Place on a parchment paper covered countertop, then immediately sprinkle with nonpareils. Let the cookies sit until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
recipe source: Taste of Home Cookies and Candies 2014