Tender and flavorful, this pressure cooker Chipotle Shredded Beef has just the right amount of spice and is perfect for tacos or burritos. And you can’t beat the cooking time!
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle in adobo, chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from the chipotle with adobo can)
- 2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper the roast generously.
- Press sauté on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil. Brown the roast on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side, or until completely browned.
- If needed, remove the roast and drain any oil or fat. Place the roast back into the pot and spread the chipotle pepper and adobo sauce on top of the meat. Then sprinkle with the cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Sprinkle the cilantro over the top. Add the onions and bell pepper. Pour the water around the edges of the roast in the pot.
- Close the pressure cooker select high pressure for 60 minutes. When it’s done and it beeps, turn the cooker off and use natural pressure to release. When the valve drops, remove the lid.
- Remove the meat from the Instant Pot and let it rest for 5 minutes. Discard the veggies, reserving the liquid.
- Shred the meat with 2 forks and return to the pot and stir into the liquid. Keep warm over low heat until ready to use.
adapted from food.com