Dinner comes together in a snap with this Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos Recipe. There is no excuse to not have a homemade meal on the table when dinner is this easy!
For the Chipotle Lime Shrimp
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle in adobo (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb Kroger shrimp, defrosted, peeled and deveined
For the Chipotle Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup Kroger reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo (seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced*
For the Tacos
- 8 Kroger White Corn Tortillas
- shredded cabbage
- diced avocado
- crumbled Kroger Queso Fresco
- In a large ziptop plastic bag, combine the lime juice, olive oil, honey, chipotle in adobo, garlic and lime. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and marinate for about 20 minutes, squishing the bag around every few minutes to make sure the shrimp is thoroughly covered in the marinade.
- While the shrimp is marinating, make the crema. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chipotle in adobo, lime juice, zest and garlic. Mix well.
- When the shrimp is finished marinating, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the shrimp and add the shrimp to the hot skillet. Cook until the shrimp is no longer opaque on the bottom side, about 3-4 minutes. Flip the shrimp over and cook the second side, about another minute. Remove the shrimp to a plate.
- To assemble the tacos, top each tortilla with some of the shrimp, cabbage, avocado, cilantro and Kroger Queso Fresco. Drizzle some of the crema on each taco and serve.
*If you don’t like the flavor of raw garlic, substitute in 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.