A steak dinner served with a flavorful Chipotle Herb sauce.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 chipotle in adobo, seeds removed and minced, plus 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat a grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Brush half of the oil on one side of the steak. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place oiled side down on the hot grill. Brush the remaining oil on the other side of the steak and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until a crust has formed and you can see the grill marks.
- Transfer the steak to the oven and cook until medium-rare, 5-7 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak is cooking, combine the butter, chipotle, lime juice and cilantro .
- Just before serving, microwave the the butter for 20 seconds, until just melted. Pour the butter over thin slices of the steak to serve.
source: 29 Minutes to Dinner