Craving steak on a weeknight? This Chipotle Herb Flank Steak is easy, fast, and filled with flavor.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 chipotle in adobo, seeds removed, minced
- 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat a grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Brush half of the oil on one side of the steak. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place the oiled side down on the hot grill. Brush the remaining oil on the other side of the steak and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until a crust has formed and you can see the grill marks.
- Transfer the steak to the oven and cook until medium-rare, anther 5-7 minutes.
- Let the steak sit 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak is cooking, combine the butter, chipotle plus adobo sauce, lime juice and cilantro.
- Just before serving, microwave the butter mixture for 20 seconds, just until melted. Pour the butter over the sliced steak to serve.
source: 29 Minutes to Dinner
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of steak
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 403 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Cholesterol: 124 mg
Keywords: flank steak, chipotle flank steak