Wondering what to do with that leftover Sunday roast? Turn it into this Chipotle Beef Baked Taquito recipe and those leftovers will disappear!
- 1 minced chipotle in adobo (seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from the can with the chiles)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- zest from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups cooked, shredded beef (this recipe is my favorite)
- 12 oz crumbled Cotija cheese
- 20 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the minced pepper, green chiles, adobo sauce, garlic powder, coriander, chili powder, and cumin. Stir in the lime zest and the lime juice. Add the shredded beef and stir to combine.
- Wrap a few of the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave until very warm and pliable. Place about 1 tablespoon of the cheese down the center of the tortilla, then top with 1-2 tablespoons of the beef mixture. Roll the tortilla tightly and place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spray the taquitos lightly with the cooking spray, then sprinkle with coarse kosher salt. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow the taquitos to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Slightly adapted from Our Best Bites Cookbook