Chinese flavors come together in this flavorful chopped salad.
- 6 wonton wrappers, each cut into 6 strips
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 cups chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained and chopped if large
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a heavy duty pan. Fry the wonton strips until browned and crisped, about 30-45 seconds. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, lettuce, green onions, mandarin oranges, bell pepper and almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, sugar and salt. Slowly whisk in the oil until combined.
- Pour as much of the dressing over the salad as desired and mix to combine.
The salad dressing recipe makes quite a bit of dressing, so only add as much as you want to the salad.