A great meatless option, these burritos are filled with mashed potatoes and spices and covered in enchilada sauce.
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- milk and butter
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of water and bring it to a boil. Cook until tender but still firm. Drain and mash, adding a bit of milk and butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup of the cheese, chili powder, cumin, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in about 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Spoon evenly into tortillas and roll up. If you are going to freeze them, this is the point where you would wrap them for freezing. If you are eating them right away, place them in a baking dish and spread the remaining enchilada sauce on top. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350F oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- adapted from allrecipes.com