Looking for an easy summer dinner? Try these Chili Honey Garlic Shrimp Kabobs – the perfect recipe for a night at the grill.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sweet Asian chili sauce*
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers. Season both sides of the shrimp with salt and pepper, and then use a pastry brush to brush the shrimp with the oil.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the honey and the chili sauce. Microwave for 20-30 seconds, until liquified, then whisk to combine.
- Place the shrimp kebobs on the hot grill. Cover and cook for 2 minutes, then flip and brush with the honey mixture. Cook for one minute then flip again and brush the other side with the honey mixture. Cook for another minute, then flip one more time and brush the remaining honey mixture on the shrimp. Serve hot.
*the original recipe calls for chili garlic sauce, but I used sweet chili sauce because it’s what I had on hand, and I was serving this to my family and I was afraid the chili garlic sauce would be too spicy. Feel free to use either in this recipe.
slightly adapted from Endless Summer Cookbook