Filled with beef, sausage and beans, this comforting chili recipe is even better the next day!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound sausage
- 4–12 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce (such as Tobasco)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Place ground beef and sausage in a large Dutch oven. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown, crumbling as it cooks. Stirin the onion, celery and bell pepper and continue to cook until it starts to soften. Add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, hot sauce, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper, oregano, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in both cans of beans and cook until the chili is heated through.
*This recipe is best when it is made a day in advance, and then reheated to serve!
*You can substitute in a different color pepper or different beans, according to your likes.
*adapted from allrecipes