This Chicken Supreme is made with chicken thighs that have been cooked until tender and juicy, then served with an easy mushroom gravy. This makes the perfect Sunday supper!
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs (about 6–8 thighs)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with the seasoned salt and the paprika. Place the chicken in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the chicken broth, onions, curry powder and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil from the dish and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken is almost done baking, heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the pan to a plate and cover to keep warm. Strain the fat from the pan juices, reserving the juices for the sauce.
- In a pan, whisk together the cold water and the flour. Slowly whisk in the pan juices. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and boils. Let the sauce boil for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the mushrooms.
- Serve the chicken topped with the mushroom sauce.
adapted from an old version of Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 543
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 436 mg
- Fat: 36 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: chicken supreme