Cilantro lovers will love this pasta and chicken dish coated with fresh cilantro pesto.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz cooked pasta
- Make the pesto: Put all of the pesto ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. If needed, add more chicken broth – but not too much. You want it to be a paste.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, mushrooms and onion and cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Add the pasta to the chicken mixture, then stir in the pesto.