Chicken, broccoli, rice and cheese combine for this comforting classic – this Easy Chicken Divan Recipe is a dinner that the whole family will love.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 (10-oz) packages frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 36 Ritz crackers, crushed to coarse crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the chicken pieces into the bottom of the prepared pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the cream, chicken broth and dijon in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until boiling, about 8 minutes.
- Add the rice to the boiling mixture, then pour over the chicken in the baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Pat the broccoli dry, then add it and the cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture in the baking dish, stirring to combine. Sprinkle the Ritz crumbs over the top. Return the pan to the oven and continue to bake until the edges are bubbling and the crumbs are browned, about 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Calories: 707
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 995 mg
- Fat: 45 g
- Saturated Fat: 23 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 24 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 164 mg
Keywords: Chicken Divan