A popular sandwich seen on menus across the United States, this Club Sandwich is hearty and easy for a weeknight. Filled with layers of ham, turkey, bacon, cheese and veggies, this is a double-decker sandwich everyone loves.
- 8 slices of bacon
- 12 slices good quality white bread
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 oz deli sliced turkey
- 1–2 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 oz deli sliced ham
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Toast all 12 slices of bread.
- Lay the bread out on a work surface. (I think it is easiest to do 4 rows of 3 slices of bread each.) Spread a small amount of mayonnaise on each slice, just less than 1 teaspoon on each.
- On the first slice of bread in each row, place 1 slice of cheese followed by 1/4 of the turkey, then a couple of slices of tomato. Top each with the middle slice of bread, placing the side with mayonnaise down over the tomato. Spread the remaining mayonnaise on the top sides of the bread that you just placed on the sandwich.
- To that slice of bread, layer the bacon, lettuce, and ham. Place the third slice of bread on top, with the mayonnaise down.
- If desired, use toothpicks to keep the sandwich together and slice in half or into fourths.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 1539 mg
- Fat: 29 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 83 mg
Keywords: club sandwich, club sandwich recipe, sandwich recipe