Add a bit of flair to chicken and black bean burritos with a sweet and spicy avocado pineapple salsa.
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalepeno, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 2 Avocados from Mexico , chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, garlic powder, chili powder and black beans; mix. On a work surface, lay out a tortilla and fill with the chicken mixture. Top with cheese and roll up.
- If making ahead, cover burritos and refrigerate or freeze until needed. When ready to serve, place in a 350F oven until warmed through.
- To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Serve over the burritos.