The perfect football appetizer! Chicken, bacon and cream cheese are rolled in mini tortillas and then fried.
- 1/3 pound bacon, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 12.5-oz. cans Swanson’s canned Premium Chicken Breast
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas
- oil, for frying
Avocado Ranch Guacamole:
- ½ cup smashed, fresh avocado
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons white vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- dash dried dill weed
- dash garlic powder
- dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and chicken.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon into the bowl with the cream cheese and chicken. Combine mixture well.
- Using a 3-inch circle cookie cutter, cut 4 smaller circles from each tortilla. Fill each tortilla with 2-3 teaspoons of the chicken mixture. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Refrigerate taquitos until ready to fry.
- Heat the oil in a fryer, or in a dutch oven to 350F. Fry the taquitos in batches until the tortilla is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Remove toothpicks.
- To make the guacamole:
- Smash avocado. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Keep refrigerated.
- Serve taquitos with Avocado Ranch Guacamole.