Perfect for Christmastime and beyond, these soft cookies are packed with chocolate, cherries, and crunchy pistachios.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped marachino cherries
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars. Add in the egg and beat to combine. Beat in the milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add to the mixer and mix to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips, cherries and pistachios.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- adapted from Taste of Home