An easy chicken dinner that is made in one pot, with a cheesy sour cream sauce.
- 1 chicken breast (8-10 oz)
- 1 cube chicken bullion
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles
- 8 oz sour cream
- Prepared rice, for serving
- shredded basil, for serving (optional)
- Put the chicken in a pot and cover with 3 cups of water. Add the bullion, onion and garlic cloves. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred or cube.
- Remove the onion and garlic from the chicken broth. Whisk in the flour until smooth and cook until thickened. Stir in the cheese until melted. Add in the reserved chicken and green chiles. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Serve over rice, topped with basil, if desired.