Ranch lovers will go crazy over this Ranch Chicken and Potatoes with Cheese. Hands on time is minimal, and the chicken packs a flavor punch!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Chicken and Potatoes:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (can use breasts, if desired)
- 1 1/2 lb medium-sized red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar and Monterey Jack
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
To make the marinade:
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a gallon-size ziplock bag. Shake to blend. Add the chicken, turn to coat, place in the refrigerator and marinate for 6 to 12 hours, but no more than 24 hours.
To make the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place the chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet. Transfer the potatoes to the bag with the remaining marinade. Press the bag with your hands and coat the potatoes as thoroughly as possible. Transfer the potatoes to the tray with the chicken, squeezing out as much of the remaining marinade as possible. Use your hands to stir the pieces around a bit to make sure everything is coated thoroughly.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven and roast for approximately 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, transfer the chicken to a separate dish and loosely tent with foil to keep warm.
- Roast the potatoes an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the chicken back onto the tray and sprinkle the chicken and potatoes generously with the cheese. Roast an additional 3 to 4 minutes to melt completely.
- Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve with the ranch dressing for dipping.
Recipe from The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook by Mary Younkin
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline. Nutrition information does not include ranch for dipping.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 738 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 162 mg
Keywords: Ranch chicken, chicken and potatoes