Mushrooms are stuffed with easy mashed potatoes for a different appetizer idea.
- 1 package (half of 7.6 oz box) Betty Crocker Butter and Herb Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 24–36 large mushrooms
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the prepared potatoes, 1 cup of the cheese and 3 tablespoons of the chives.
- Remove the stems from the mushroom caps. Place them cavity side up in a baking dish.
- Place the potato mixture in a piping bag with a star or your desired tip. (It will need to be a tip with a large opening.) Pipe the potato mixture into the mushrooms. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then top the mushrooms with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Return to the oven and cook until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms are cooked, about 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple minutes, then sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon chives. Serve warm.