Cheesy, rich and comforting, this Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini is a dinner recipe that everyone will love. This baked chicken spaghetti casserole is made from scratch and comes together quickly by using cooked chicken.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 cups (16 oz) shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into a small dice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually add the broth and the half and half, stirring until blended. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add 3 cups of the cheese and stir until the cheese melts. Stir in the pasta and the chicken. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top of the casserole. Bake, uncovered, until the sauce bubbles and the cheese is melted, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Calories: 534
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 547 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 116 mg