Super creamy and a little bit spicy, this Chicken Lasagna with Green Chile and Cheese is comfort food at its best! Noodles are layered with a cheesy chicken and green chile filling and topped with an easy homemade alfredo.
- 7–9 lasagna noodles*
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed or shredded)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the lasagna noodles to al dente then set aside on paper towels in a single layer.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, 2 cup of the mozzarella and the green chiles. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until thickened, a few minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Put just enough of the sauce in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish to cover the bottom.
- Put down one layer of the noodles, cutting the noodles if needed. Layer 1/2 of the chicken mixture over the noodles. Put down another layer of noodles, the remaining chicken mixture, then one last layer of noodles.
- Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over the top, then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella over.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is heated through, 30-45 minutes.
- Let the lasagna sit for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Traditional lasagna noodles will be too long for a 9” baking dish. You can cook 9 noodles and cut and discard the excess, or you can use 7 noodles and piece together the excess pieces to form the last 2 pieces of noodles needed.
This can easily be made ahead of time and then baked before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 slice - 1/9 of recipe
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 572 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 14 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 88 mg
Keywords: chicken lasagna, white lasagna