Super creamy and a little bit spicy, this Cheesy Chicken and Green Chile Lasagna is comfort food at it’s best!
- 6–9 lasagna noodles
- 2 medium chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles to al dente and set aside on paper towels in a single layer.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella and the green chiles. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make the alfredo: In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until thickened, a few minutes. Stir in the parmesan cheese to melt.
- To assemble the lasagna:
- Put just enough of the alfredo in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish just to cover the bottom. Put down one layer of the noodles, followed by half of the chicken mixture. Put down another layer of noodles, the remaining chicken and then a last layer of noodles. Cover the top with the remaining alfredo, then sprinkle on the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is heated through, 30-45 minutes.