Looking for a crowd pleaser? This Cheesy Bacon and Kale Crostini Recipe is filled with tons of flavor and texture and is perfect for any party or get-together.
- 8 oz bacon, chopped
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (7.5 oz) Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar
- 2 (12-in each) baguettes
- 1/2 cup oyster crackers
- 1/4 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until browned and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate. Discard all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease. Add the kale and onion to the skillet and cook until the onion is slightly softened and the kale has stated to wilt.
- Combine the cream cheese and the mayonnaise in a large bowl. Stir in the Sargento® cheese. Add in the kale mixture, as well as the reserved bacon and stir to combine.
- Cut the baguettes into 1/2-inch slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven.
- Top each of the baguette slices with a heaping tablespoon full of the cheese mixture.
- Place the oyster crackers in a ziplock bag and crush into crumbs. Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for a few seconds until melted. Add the crushed crackers and stir to coat. Sprinkle some of the crushed crackers over the top of the cheese mixture on the baguettes.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the top is toasted and the cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.