Perfect for when corn is in season, this Grilled Corn Salad is an easy summertime side dish. Filled with flavor from the grilled corn, there is also a hit of smokiness and heat from chipotle peppers.
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 to 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, minced (seeds removed for less heat)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Add the corn and grill until charred, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes. Cool the corn completely.
- Cut the kernels from the cobs and place in a medium bowl. Add the bell pepper, tomatoes and green onions.
- In another small bowl, combine the chipotle chile, lime juice, vegetable oil, sugar, salt and cumin. Whisk to combine. Pour over the corn and toss to combine.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
adapted from:Cooking Light July 2008
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 109 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: grilled corn salad