Make your own Junior Mints at home – they are super easy and better than the store bought ones!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in the mint extract. Add in the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until the mixture is stiff. It may look crumbly, but you should be able to push it together with your hands.
- Roll mixture into small balls and flatten slightly.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or at 50% in the microwave. Once melted and smooth, dip each mint center in the chocolate. Once covered, place on a piece of waxed paper. Once all the centers have been dipped, refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator.