Filled with fresh carrots, coconut, and cinnamon, these Carrot Muffins are so easy and a perfect breakfast muffin. They are tender with just the perfect amount of spice.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray 18 muffin tins with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour the wet mixture in. With a spatula, mix the batter until mostly combined.
- Add in the carrots, coconut, raisins, and pecans. Stir just until combined – do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean or only with moist crumbs, about 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes in the tins, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 179 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
Keywords: Carrot muffins, carrot muffin recipe