Super soft blondies are filled with lots of warm spices and chocolate and caramel candies in these Caramel Spice Cake Blondies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- About 50 Rolos (11 oz bag), divided
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, or for easy cleanup, line with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cloves.
- In another bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir 30 of the Rolos into the batter.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. (The dough is sticky, so if needed, spray your hands with cooking spray so that you can spread it out.) Place the remaining 20 Rolos over the top of the batter, pressing them in lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes, or until set around the edges but still slightly soft in the center. (The bars will continue to cook after you take them out of the oven.)
- Cool completely before slicing into squares.
recipe from Dessert Mash-Ups