A soft, brown sugar blondie is topped with lots of dulce de leche, white chocolate, and of course, plenty of cinnamon-sugar in these Caramel Snickerdoodle Bars!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cans (13.4 oz each) dulce de leche (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 13×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil, extended the paper over the edge by 1 inch.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, then add into the creamed mixture. Mix just until combined. Pat into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Combine the sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the bars.
- Bake until the edges are light brown, about 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Open the dulce de leche and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until it is an easy consistency to spread. Spread evenly over the top of the cooled bars.
- In a small saucepan, combine the white chocolate chips, cream and corn syrup. Stir frequently until smooth. Let cool slightly, then carefully and evenly pour over the dulce de leche. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar evenly over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate the bars until the chocolate layer has set up, at least 4 hours. Use the parchment paper to remove from the pan and cut into bars. Refrigerate any leftovers.
very slightly adapted from Taste of Home
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 34 g
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg