Looking for a treat easy enough for the kids to help make? These Caramel Filled Rice Krispies Treats only have 3 ingredients and are easy enough to get the whole family involved! They also make a great gift for dad for Father’s Day!
- 8 Rice Krispies Treats bars (0.78 oz each), unwrapped
- 16 square caramel candies, unwrapped
- 16 oz chocolate candy coating
- Using a sharp knife, cut each of the Rice Krispies Treats bars in half to form 2 thinner bars.
- Place the caramel candies on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 10-15 seconds, just until pliable. Using your hands, flatten 2 of the candies to be the same size as the cut side of the Rice Krispies Treat bar. Place the caramel on the bar, then place the second half on the top so that the caramel is sandwiched in the middle. Repeat with the remaining bars and candies.
- Heat the candy coating according to the package directions. Using 2 forks, dip each of the caramel filled Rice Krispies Treats into the chocolate, coating all sides. Let the excess coating drip off, then place on a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper and allow the candy coating to harden.
- If giving the treats as gifts, wrap individually in plastic wrap and place them in a box or bag.